Ecommerce Office Manager
Ecommerce Office Manager
Upavim Crafts and its sister website, Alternatives Global Marketplace, are a fair trade organization with their US headquarters in Timnath/Fort Collins, CO. We retail and wholesale handmade goods. Our mission is to support the women of La Esperanza, Guatemala and artisans from around the world in their fight for better economic, healthcare and educational opportunities for themselves, their families and their community.
This position is based in our office and will assist with our growing operations to manage retail and wholesale sales. Primary responsibilities include order fulfillment, customer service and Shopify inventory management and ecommerce systems. This position is responsible for managing the warehouse, supplies and will perform purchasing. This position is one of the main players on our small team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized
- Ability to provide excellent customer service via email and over the phone
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and a can-do attitude.
- 2+ year of relevant experience in operations, retail, or customer service is required.
- Has a vehicle with valid drivers license and insurance.
- An ability to pay attention to detail and work accurately while managing multiple deadlines.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- Interested in fair trade, social justice and women’s rights.
- Willingness to do other tasks as needed to support the team as requested by the supervisor.
- Manage all retail and wholesale customer service inquiries via email, phone or chat. Forward messages to the Marketing Coordinator or Director as necessary.
- Manage sales email accounts and communicate knowledgeably and professionally to customers.
- Process all phone and email sales with professionalism.
- Execute prompt order fulfillment with attention to details by printing pick lists, pick products and prepare all orders for shipment including packing and shipping online customer orders and large wholesale orders.
- Ensure all details of an order are accurate, including product details, printed materials, presentation, packing and delivery.
- Assist with financial management, accounts receivable and QuickBooks management.
- Improve packaging guidelines and follow these guidelines to minimize breakage and improve presentation while keeping costs at a minimum.
- Manage receiving and unpacking of incoming merchandise orders.
- Add orders into Shopify web platform.
- Manage inventory and product listings on Shopify web platform.
- Add products to various online platforms including writing compelling and accurate product descriptions, correct skus, tags, and SEO.
- Manage photo variants with both white background and lifestyle shots.
- Ensure all platforms are accurate and proper syncs are working.
- Correct any errors as they become apparent while filling orders.
- Adjust menus and product listing order as needed to optimize product user interface.
- Updates products when added to clearance.
- Purchase merchandise from specific vendors by analyzing inventory stock and projections.
- Manage shipping material levels and reorder when needed.
- Track damaged merchandise items.
- Improve warehouse product storage system and maintain accuracy.
- Manage inventory for accuracy and improve shipment receiving, restocking, and organizational standards.
- Participate in Annual inventory counts and inventory spot check audits.
- Tag, label, and stockpile merchandise according to size, shape, and type.
- Supporting warehouse cleaning and organization on a regular basis.
- Collaborate regularly with cross-functional teams to improve and optimize processes.
This position is part-time based in Fort Collins, CO. Ideal hours would be M-F mornings but this is somewhat flexible. 15-20 hours per week. Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.