Marketing Intern Position
Upavim Crafts and its sister website, Alternatives Global Marketplace, are a fair trade organization with their US headquarters in Fort Collins, CO. We retail and wholesale handmade goods. Our mission is to support the women of La Esperanza and artisans from around the world in their fight for better economic, healthcare and educational opportunities for themselves, their families and their community.
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative individual who is interested in gaining experience in marketing, social media, copywriting, graphic design and other ecommerce tasks. Our interns gain exposure to our entire ethical business, learn relevant skills and contribute to projects that advance our social mission. In this role, you will work with our team in Colorado and Guatemala and learn how to manage cultural nuances. This is a paid position and our interns are considered actual employees and contribute to projects that create a meaningful and significant impact to the business.
This is a part-time paid position. 10-15 hours per week with a flexible schedule. This position is based at our office in Timnath, CO (east-side of Fort Collins).
- Works as part of a small team to develop social media strategy and campaigns.
- Assist in the creation of content for electronic newsletters, blogs, social media and websites. Creates graphics and captions for social media channels.
- Respond to user inquiries on social media channels.
- Supports creative content for the blog through graphics, copy, and content collaboration.
- Monitors analytics and performance, and creates reports to communicate trends and make strategy recommendations.
- Assist with product photo shoots
- Design print promotional content such as package inserts, product cards, wholesale catalogs, etc
- Carrying out other duties as required in a small business such as order fulfillment, customer service, inventory management, etc.
- Undergraduate or graduate student
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Attentive to details
- Good Communicator
- Eager to learn
- Pursuing Marketing/Business/Communications or related field
- Graphic Design and Canva knowledge
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and any video creation software
- Strong visual storytelling skills
- Passionate about understanding consumer needs, all new social and digital trends
- Enthusiasm and passion for fair trade
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
For more information visit www.upavimcrafts.org and www.alternativesglobalmarketplace.com
Job Type: Paid, Part-time Internship with some flexibility to work remote
Submit cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org. Position begins in January 2023